Monday, October 8, 2012

Cathedral Windows QAL: Block 3


Cathedral Window Sampler QAL

Time for Block 3!  Head on over to Made With Moxie today for Jill's block.  Isn't it fantastic?

Cathedral Windows QAL - Block 3 by Jill @ Made with Moxie

Jill has a very different method for creating her cathedral windows that results in a lot less layered (and therefore wasted) fabric.  One thing I have always disliked about cathedral window blocks is the many, many layers of fabric (and basically wasted fabric), but Jill has a great method that eliminates all the extra layers.  Seriously, this has totally blown my mind!

If you're having troubles wrapping your mind around Jill's method (it took me a bit, even with her great pictures & instructions), check out this video that should clear everything up.  It's so funny, I was just telling Jill that I had never seen this method for making Cathedral Windows before, then this video popped up on Pinterest this morning.  Talk about great timing!


Make sure you head on over to Made with Moxie for Jill's block & come back later this week for Block 4!

Until next time...

1 comment:

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate each & every one I get. I do try to respond to most (if not all) comments, but that's hard to do if you don't have an e-mail in your profile! :)