Sunday, May 22, 2011

It's alive!!!

On Saturday after I shared my poor, pitiful story, I had to put everything back together, so I thought I'd take one more crack at fixing my machine. I paid very, very close attention to what exactly what was going wrong, realized the thread was catching in two separate spots, and decided if I could tweak those little spots just a hair, it might help. It certainly wasn't going to make things worse, and after all, I only needed enough give to get a piece of thread through. So I used the screwdriver that came with the machine, pushed just a bit (not hard enough to visibly move anything), then tried it again. Magic! So I'm not certain exactly what I did, but it's sewing just as good as new now - nice and quiet and I've got the tension turned back down to a 5 & it's sewing beautifully. I think I'll probably still take it in at some point just to get tuned up, but at least now it's not a necessity. Yay!

Overall it's been a great sewing weekend - I fixed my machine and got some good stuff finished up, but more on that later this week.

And thanks again for all your great advice & tips, you're all wonderful! :)

Until next time...

5 comments:

  1. YAY! Congrats! Glad you don't have to part with it (and probably pay $100)to get it fixed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! Glad you got it working right again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Good for you. Glad you're back in action now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job! So nice to not have to take it in for two weeks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate each & every one I get. I do try to respond to most (if not all) comments, but that's hard to do if you don't have an e-mail in your profile! :)