Wednesday, March 2, 2011

WIP Wednesday #3

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

Wednesday already?! How did it get here so quick? Time for another installment of WIP Wednesday over at Freshly Pieced.

Started: Wonky Log Cabin block for String Me Along virtual bee. I really enjoyed working on this, and if it weren't for the work cutting the strips (which thankfully I didn't have to do!) and ironing every seam before I added another piece, I think I'd be jumping right on making some more of these. Seriously, all that ironing got to be old after a while, but I know the block turned out much better because of it, so I can't complain too much.

In progress: The postage stamp quilt is no closer to being done than it was this time last month (remember I ran out of thread in the middle of a blizzard?). Sigh... It'll get there. Also no more progress on the Origami Bags, but I'm still ahead of the game, so I'm not complaining.

Completed: The Wonky Log Cabin block! Started & done in one short evening, I consider that a success.

String Me Along - March 2011

Overall, it's been a pretty quiet & uneventful week, but that's quite alright.

Until next time...

9 comments:

  1. Love that wonky log cabin block. The colors are really cool together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on your wonky log cabin block. I love the fabric combination.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty block, Beth will love it! Such great fabric she gave us to work with, too. Thanks for linking up, have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh that wonkyness is fantastic! Great fabrics, I'm sure she'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you believe I've never made a wonky log cabin block?? Soon! Yours looks great, especially with the super-thin white layer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just had to stop by because I love the name of your blog. Awesome wonky log cabin!! Happy WIP Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job with your String Me Along block! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great block! I'm excited we get to play with some Innocent Crush! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate each & every one I get. I do try to respond to most (if not all) comments, but that's hard to do if you don't have an e-mail in your profile! :)