Monday, October 4, 2010

SMS Super Style Bag Swap update

I got my swap partner this weekend & I'm so excited to get started on a handbag for Sharon! I was checking out the patterns she sent me (Buttercup bag, Marlo Bloom, Pixie, and the not-yet released Bonsai), and I really like the general style of them all (especially that Marlo Bloom, I may still need to get my hands on that one. Hello, did somebody say reversible?!). The Buttercup pattern is even one I finally picked up last week (free version to give it a try!) after admiring for some time now.

Today I was looking around at even more handbag patterns & have decided I'm going to at least attempt to make things even more difficult for myself...errr...I mean challenge myself...and make my own style/pattern/design. I've got it all sorted out in my head, so we'll see how this goes. And with the October 25th shipping deadline, this bag can't go the way of the Origami Imposter & just sit around in my brain forever. I figure if all else fails, I've got the Buttercup bag to fall back on, but for now I'm going to get creative!

Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you're brave for coming up with your own pattern! I'm still in the brainstorming phase even though I now have all the info about my swap partner. For some reason I'm stressing about making the right bag choice more than I ever have for friends and family gifts. Can't wait to see what you wind up making! All of those patterns you posted look so nice. It's hard to resist buying them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate each & every one I get. I do try to respond to most (if not all) comments, but that's hard to do if you don't have an e-mail in your profile! :)