Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Sew, Mama, Sew! Super Style Bag Swap

Come join in over at Sew, Mama, Sew for a Super Style Bag Swap! I've signed up & am super excited about it. I'm already thinking about what I want to make, even though I know I need to wait until the first to get my swap partner to discuss the important details. I'm definitely excited about this since I've seen other swaps around (hello I-Spy Quilts!), and this one is right up my alley. But you'd better hurry if you want to sign up, you have to do it by tomorrow (Wednesday)!

I do have the new Amy Butler book, Amy Butler's Style Stitches: 12 Easy Ways to 26 Wonderful Bags & am thinking about trying out one of the new patterns for this swap. There are some really cool bags in there (and a few styles that just aren't me), so I'm looking forward to trying them out.

I'll be sure to share what I make for the swap & what I receive in return.

And I have to give credit to Sourkraut over at Langes Fädchen, Faules Mädchen, where I found out about the swap. Thanks! And since I brought it up, make sure you go check out her fantastic Halloween bags (especially that last one. LOVE IT!). I've been thinking I may need one for myself, but somehow managed some self-restraint at the fabric store last week. And I really like these cute Doily Tanks which also sound super easy!

Until next time...

4 comments:

  1. You'll have to explain that self-restraint thing to me. I'm not sure I'm familiar with that concept as the employees at Jo-Ann Fabrics can attest to. Thanks for the shout out and thanks for spreading the word about the swap! I'm excited about this swap and can't wait to see what I get. Heck, I'm curious to see what I come up with for my partner because that's still a mystery to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bree I signed up too! :) It'll be a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like fun! I've done a couple of swaps on Craftster before. Right now I"m starting to go crazy making stuff for my first craft sale! Yikes! Excited and scared!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I swear it's not just because you said such nice things about my blog here, but I awarded you the "One Lovely Blog Award" on my blog today:
    http://sourkrautkrafts.blogspot.com/2010/09/one-lovely-blog-award.html

    Feel free to pass it along to 15 of your favorite blogs or just accept my adoration in silence and leave it at that!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate each & every one I get. I do try to respond to most (if not all) comments, but that's hard to do if you don't have an e-mail in your profile! :)