Friday, May 21, 2010

Etsy Shop

I’ve been asked by a few people now if I’m planning to open an Etsy shop, and to be honest I had been thinking about it. Today I read through a bunch of the FAQ stuff about being a seller, and it sounds like there’s more work to it than I had expected. My mom does have a shop, so she offered to help me get it set up. I’m sure once I get everything sorted out, it won’t be as hard as it sounds.

Unfortunately the “CowboysAndAngels” (has to be one word!) shop name has already been used. :( Bummer dude. They also don’t allow anything other than alpha-numeric symbols, so I can’t use &, but really, if someone else is using the other name, I wouldn’t want to risk being confused. So now I need to come up with a new name to use. I really had my heart set on using the Cowboys & Angels name for everything, so now I don’t know what I want to do. It might seem like a silly little thing to get worked up about, but it really is important. And if I’m going to try to make something lasting out of this, I don’t want to just settle on something & hate it in a year or two.

So, the short answer is yes, I am at least looking into doing an Etsy shop, but the timeframe is negotiable. For now I’ll just stick with custom orders through people I already know.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate each & every one I get. I do try to respond to most (if not all) comments, but that's hard to do if you don't have an e-mail in your profile! :)